Publicis Groupe CEE Dominates at Golden Drum Festival 2021
At the online Golden Drum Festival 2021 that took place last week, Publicis Groupe Central & Eastern Europe (CEE) won a total of 31 awards including five Grand Prix, eight gold, nine silver and nine bronze Drums. Winning teams include Leo Burnett Romania, Leo Burnett Russia, Leo Burnett Ukraine, Saatchi & Saatchi Ukraine, Publicis Latvia and Publicis Romania.
The winning campaigns were created for clients and brands including Burger King, Hasbro, Sberbank, Lenovo, Samsung, Kyiv Pride, and Propuesta Civica A.C; and recognized across a wide range of categories including Out-Of-Home, Digital, Mobile & Technology, Film/Digital/Innovation Craft, Content, Brand Building, Social Good, Health & Wellness, and Genius Loci/Local Spirit.
Speaking about the wins, Jorg Riommi, chief creative officer, Publicis Groupe CEE said: ”I’m extremely happy about Publicis Groupe CEE creative performance at Golden Drum Festival 2021. What is particularly special for me is the scale and consistency of the wins. Being named ‘Network of the Year’ is already great, taking the first three spots of the ‘Agency of the Year’ ranking, having Burger King being named ‘Client of the year” on the back of our work together with Publicis Romania/Spain, Ingo and David, and the ‘Best Creative Director’ makes it a real ‘en plein’ result - a further proof of our firepower in the region and beyond as well as the effectiveness of a collaborative model and our ‘Power of One’ approach.”
Continued Jorg: ”What I really take pride in is that we are winning with six different offices from Publicis Groupe CEE and across many different projects for major brands and clients. This is a sign of solid, healthy approach to the work and to the creative side of the business, and a clear inspiration to do more of it.”
Tomas Lauko, chief executive officer, Publicis Groupe CEE said: ”I would like to take a moment to acknowledge and thank our regional creative leader, Jorg, our local creative leadership and their teams - our strong showing at the Golden Drum Festival, and our recent successes at global creative competitions like Cannes Lions, Andy Awards and Clios earlier this year are possible only because of their collective hard work, passion and talent. These wins represent Publicis Groupe CEE’s collective robust creative muscle comprising all our brilliant creative minds in the region. Our proficiency across the marketing spectrum is also well proven by our wins across the categories. I’m particularly pleased to see the increasing number of markets and agency brands that contributed to the strong results. We are honored and will use this as a motivation to keep reaching for the stars.”
At the same show, Publicis Milan also won 6 Grand Prix , 7 gold 2 silver and 4 bronze drums for their work created for Diesel, Heineken and Barilla - bringing the total of Publicis Groupe’s total tally to 50 Drums.
In the special awards category, Publicis Worldwide was named Network of the Year; Publicis Milan, Publicis Bucharest and Publicis Latvia clinched the number one, two and three spots respectively for Agency of the Year; Bruno Bertelli, Chief Creative Officer, Publicis Worldwide, Jorg Riommi, Chief Creative Officer, Publicis Groupe CEE and Eduardo Marques, Chief Creative Officer, Publicis Groupe Belgium and the Netherlands shared the recognition as Creative Director of the Year. Burger King was named Client of the Year on the back of the Moldy Whopper campaign.
The Full List of Awards by Publicis Groupe CEE:
· Moldy Whopper | Burger King, Publicis Romania, Publicis Spain (in collaboration with Ingo Stockholm, David Miami) – 2 Grand Prix (Print, Content) | 6 Golden Drum (Film, Print, Out of Home, Content, Industry Craft, Brand Building) | 4 Silver Drum (Print, Out of Home, Digital, Mobile & Technology, Engagement) | 2 Bronze award (Industry Craft, Motion Craft)
· #stillspeakingup | Propuesta Civica A.C. | Publicis Latvia, Publicis Mexico- Best of Genius Loci (Genius Loci/Local Spirit)| 2 Grand Prix (Digital, Mobile & Technology, Digital Craft) | 2 Golden Drum (Creative Effectiveness, Social Good) | 1 Silver Drum (Innovation Craft)
· Trivial Pursuit Hotel | Hasbro | Leo Burnett Moscow – 1 Silver Drum (Innovation) | 1 Bronze award (Content)
· George from 1973 | Sberbank | Leo Burnett Moscow – 1 Silver Drum (Genius Loci/Local Spirit) | 1 Bronze award (Brand Building)
· Meowbook | Lenovo | Leo Burnett Ukraine – 1 Bronze award (Design)
· Banknote Concerts | Samsung Electronics | Leo Burnett Romania – 1 Silver Drum (Sport, Pop Culture & Art)
· Lifesaving Pea Soup | Ministry of health of Slovak republic in cooperation with Lidl Slovakia | Leo Burnett Bratislava – 1 Bronze award (Health & Wellness)
· Motherland Pride | Kyiv Pride | Saatchi & Saatchi Kiev - 1 Silver Drum (Engagement) | 3 Bronze award (Out of Home, Content, Social Good)