Publicis Groupe CEE Awarded with 22 Lions at Cannes Lions Festival 2021
At the conclusion of Cannes Lions Festival 2021, the prestigious global creative competition last Friday, work developed by Publicis Groupe Central & Eastern Europe teams were recognized with a total of 22 Lions (awards) including two Grand Prix, seven Gold, five Silver and eight Bronze. Winning campaigns were created for clients including Burger King, Propuesta Civica, Telekom Romania, Hasbro and Kiev Pride by our teams in Publicis Romania (in collaboration with Publicis Spain), Publicis Latvia (in collaboration with Publicis Mexico), Leo Burnett Russia, Saatchi & Saatchi Ukraine and Leo Burnett Romania.
The creative industry welcomed the return of the Cannes Lions Festival this year following last year’s cancellation due to the Covid-19 pandemic outbreak. With two years of work judged in one, this year’s competition is extremely competitive. It is against this hyper competitive backdrop that Publicis Groupe CEE teams clocked what is believed to be its most successful year ever from the region. In the coveted Grand Prix category, Publicis Latvia and Publicis Romania are the only two agencies from CEE represented among the winners, a solid proof of Publicis Groupe CEE’s world-class creativity. This year, Publicis Latvia and Saatchi & Saatchi Ukraine also created new milestones for their countries; Publicis Latvia won the first ever Grand Prix for the country, while Saatchi & Saatchi Ukraine became the first agency from Ukraine to win a Silver Lion.
Speaking about Publicis Groupe CEE’s performance at Cannes Lions Festival 2021, Jorg Riommi, chief creative officer, Publicis Groupe CEE said: "I’m incredibly proud, happy and humbled by such an amazing performance coming out of the region, with multiple agencies involved in winning projects. This is testament to the creative firepower in the region that is finally starting to match up with its potential, and to the power of teamwork and international cross-pollination and partnerships.This would never have been possible without the aligned, focused and coordinated effort of a huge team of brilliant talents. I just want to say, this success is all yours and ours together, be proud! Forza CEE! Onwards, upwards!”
Tomas Lauko, chief executive officer, Publicis Groupe Central & Eastern Europe said: "The outstanding performance by Publicis Groupe CEE teams at Cannes Lions Festival this year confirms the budding creative potential I have observed across our markets and been privileged to be a part of, over the last few years. Massive kudos to Jorg and all our winning teams! Here is to all your passion, hard work, talent, and your dedication to driving the best creativity for our clients. Particularly in a year that has challenged every single one of us in every way imaginable, this is a wonderful milestone to celebrate and no doubt, the beginning of more successes to come. Stay tuned!”
Publicis Groupe CEE Winners
- Moldy Whopper | Burger King, Publicis Romania, Publicis Spain – one Grand Prix (Outdoor), four Gold Lion (Print & Publishing, Outdoor, PR, Film) | one Silver (Film) | three Bronze (Industry Craft, Film)
- #stillspeakingup | Propuesta Civica A.C. | Publicis Latvia/Publicis Mexico – one Grand Prix (Grand Prix For Good) | three Golds (Direct, Social and Influencer, Sustainable Development Goals) | two Silvers (Direct, Social and Influencer) three Bronze (Media, 2 PR)
- Trivial Pursuit Hotel | Hasbro | Leo Burnett Moscow – one Silver (Brand Experience & Activation) | one Bronze (Brand Experience & Activation)
- Motherland Pride | Kiev Pride | Saatchi & Saatchi Kiev - one Silver (Outdoor)
- The Online Park | Telekom Romania | Leo Burnett Romania - one Bronze Lion (Media)